Friday, February 13, 2009

Spotlight on Mr. Matranga


Mr. Anthony Matranga


Teacher of Mathematics


Woodbury Jr.-Sr. High School



• Name:

Anthony Matranga

• College(s) and degrees(s):

Arcadia University
Bachelors in Mathematics 2006
Minor in secondary education

• Work experience:

Long term substitute teacher at Plymouth Whitemarsh High

• Favorite books:

o fiction: Dibs In search of Self by Virginia M. Axline
o nonfiction: The Art of the Infinite by Robert Kaplan

• Favorite television show:

Any cooking show (I love to cook)

• Last movie I loved:

My favorite movie of all time is the Godfather II

• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why:

I would love to go back in time and eat lunch with my grandfather when he lived in Italy to get a feel for the old Italian lifestyle. I always wanted to see what growing up in another country would be like and the food would just be a bonus.

• Visiting this place makes me peaceful:

any bookstore

• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to:

I need to get another file cabinet to organize all my papers that keep accumulating into a huge pile.

• Favorite animal (domestic or wild):

I'm not really an animal lover, not that I hate animals, I just can't say I have a favorite.

• Favorite sports team:

Eagles/Phillies

• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip:

Italy

• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession:

My high school calculus teacher inspired me the most. I always looked up to how much he knew and how good he was at explaining the material.

No comments: