Friday, October 09, 2009

Spotlight on Mr. Martino


Joseph Santo Martino, Jr.

Teacher of Grade 6

Woodbury Jr.-Sr. High School




• Name:
Joseph Santo Martino, Jr.

• College(s) and degrees(s):
Rowan University (BA in History), Wilmington University (MA in MS Education)

• Work experience:
Substitute Teacher

• Favorite books
o fiction: "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett
o nonfiction: Rick Pitino: "Success is a Choice"

• Favorite television show:
Seinfeld Re-Runs

• Last movie I loved:
Slumdog Millionaire

• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing:
Born to Run, Bruce Springsteen, 1975

• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why:
The person I would most want to have lunch with, other than a loved one, is Vince Lombardi. I am extremely fond of him as a person, his demeanor, his motivational strengths and his repeated success. He continuely fullfilled his goals over a extended period of time.

• Visiting this place makes me peaceful:
Anyone of my family's homes

• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to:
Buying a dog

• Favorite animal (domestic or wild):
Dogs (Springer Spaniel, Boxers)

• Favorite sports team:
Philadelphia Eagles

• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip:
A trip to Europe, mainly Italy and England

• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession:
Mr. Tracy, Social Studies (Woodbury Hts. Elem). Mr. Tracy was an unique teacher that used methods of differentiated instruction before the styles were even practiced extensively. He was interesting, motivating, and -- most importantly -- fun. He truly brought that "father" presence to the classroom where you were afraid to ever let him down by not doing your best.

• Anything Else:
I am a person that thrives on success and intrinsic rewards. I am extremely proud to become part of theWoodbury family as I feel that it is the most positive and inspirational school district I have been a part of .

No comments: