Friday, September 16, 2011

Spotlight on Mrs. Crowley



Mrs. Kerri Crowley


Teacher of Spanish


Jr.-Sr. High School





• Name: Kerri L. Crowley

• College(s) and degrees(s): Douglass College, Rutgers University - B.A. in Spanish, B.A. in Middle Eastern Studies, B.A. in Information Technology & Informatics
Rowan University - M.S.T. in Secondary Education


• Work experience: This is my first year teaching!
I work/have worked at TD Bank since April of 2006 as a Senior Customer Service Representative and Certified Consumer Lender.

• Favorite books
o fiction: Anything written by Charlaine Harris - she is my favorite author! Also The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, The Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown, and many more!
o nonfiction: The Next Catastophe: Reducing Our Vulnerabilities to Natural, Industrial, and Terrorist Disasters by Charles Perrow and Letters to a Young Teacher by Jonathan Kozol



• Television Show: Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives





• Last movie I loved: The Shawshank Redemption - I just saw it for the first time!






• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing: Adele "21"






• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why: My great-grandmother Rose D'Angiolini, who I had the privilege to spend 11 years of life with learning to speak Italian, cook, and laugh. I'd give anything to spend some more time with her.






• Visiting this place makes me peaceful: Shenandoah National Park






• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to: Skydiving






• Favorite animal (domestic or wild): Cats - I am definitely a cat person!






• Favorite sports team: Philadelphia Flyers (I am a HUGE hockey fan)






• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip: A leisurely cruise through the Mediterranean Sea!






• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession: The teacher who inspired me to enter the profession was working at a newly established charter school in Houston, TX. She was teaching a Bilingual Pre-K class and she was so passionate about working with the children and she put her heart and soul into every lesson. Seeing how hard she worked and how much the kids were learning every day was so motivating. I realized quickly that I belong in a classroom, using my passion for language and love for children as impetus for creating engaging lessons. I am very thankful I had the opportunity to go see Celeste Baretto in action, or I may never have found my way into the profession I love so much!




• Anything Else: Although I am a Spanish teacher, I also speak Arabic and Italian as well. From my studies at Rutgers University, I can also read French, German, and Aramaic (Biblical Hebrew).

No comments: