Friday, November 19, 2010

Spotlight on Ms. Brennan



Kelly Brennan

Teacher of Elementary Technology

West End


• Name: Kelly Brennan

• College(s) and degrees(s): University of the Arts, graduated in 2006 with a Bachelor of Science in Communications and a minor in Multimedia. Fairleigh Dickenson University, anticipated graduation August 2011 with a Masters of Arts in Teaching.

• Work experience: I worked at the Philadelphia Corporation for Aging from 2006-2009 as a graphic designer and production coordinator. My responsibilities included coordinating print and communications projects; designing and coordinating production of agency newsletters, brochures, and flyers; and serving as the staff photographer for internal and external events. While working at PCA I realized that my technological talents and resources might be better utilized in a classroom setting, rather than simply sitting in a cubicle. I student taught in Mt. Laurel during the fall of 2009 and then worked as a long-term substitute in Gibbsboro School District as a Computer Teacher for grades pre-K through eight. While I was winding down the school year with Gibbsboro I came across a listing for an elementary technology teaching position with Woodbury, and let’s just say the rest is history…

• Favorite book -- fiction: The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

• Favorite television show: The State

• Last movie I loved: Rabbit Proof Fence. I was required to watch this movie for one of my classes recently and I was intrigued by the storyline from start to finish.

• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing: Sun Kil Moon’s album, Ghosts of the Great Highway

• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why: Dave Grohl. His ability to remain grounded and authentic while living in the spotlight for so many years intrigues me. I’m a fan of all of his musical endeavors, and I would love to "pick his brain" about the different experiences he has had during his career.

• Visiting this place makes me peaceful: My bedroom on a Saturday morning with my dog and three cats surrounding me.

• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to: Traveling! I love to see and experience new places and it’s been entirely too long since my last vacation.

• Favorite animal (domestic or wild): Since I’m unable to choose between cats and dogs, I will have to go with polar bears!

• Favorite sports team: Philadelphia Phillies

• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip: Any French Polynesian island

• Anything Else: I am an avid animal lover – I have three cats (Gwennie, Artie, and Tuna) and one greyhound (Fab). I volunteer as often as I can at a rescue organization in Pennsauken, NJ called Greyhound Angels Adoption.

No comments: