Friday, December 03, 2010

Spotlight on Mrs. Gaffney!

Laura Gaffney

Teacher of Elementary Vocal Music

District




• Name: Laura Gaffney

• College(s) and degrees(s): Villanova Univ. (Bachelor of Science: Finance) and Rutgers-Camden Univ. (Bachelor of Arts: Music)

• Work experience:St. Rose of Lima School, Haddon Heights (2 years)

• Favorite books
o fiction: 1001 Nights
o Nonfiction: Bible

• Favorite television show: Scrubs

• Last movie I loved: Life is Beautiful

• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing: Music K-8, vol.21

• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why: my grandmother. I miss her.

• Visiting this place makes me peaceful: Avalon, NJ (the beach of course)

• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to: dusting (hate it)

• Favorite animal (domestic or wild): kitties of any sort

• Favorite sports team: PHILLIES!!!!!! (much to my Yankee fan Dad’s chagrin)

• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip: Hawaii (specifically Maui)

• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession: Mrs. Nathanson. She told me I was creative.

• Anything Else: My husband’s name is Douglas and he plays the guitar, my daughter’s name is Emily and she is a violinist and singer, and my son Andrew is a trombone player. We sometimes play together as a family and it is joyous.

No comments: