Friday, February 04, 2011
Spotlight on Mr. Seligman
Mr. Jonathan Seligman
Teacher of Mathematics
Jr.-Sr. High School
• College(s) and degrees(s):
University of Maryland B.A. Government and Politics
Rutgers School of Law - Juris Doctorate
Rowan University - Masters of Science in Teaching
• Work experience:
Teacher Carusi Middle School Cherry Hill 2008-2010
Practicing Attorney 2003-2008
• Favorite books
o fiction: Freedom by Jonathan Franzen and 1984 by George Orwell
o nonfiction: Game Change by Mark Halpern
• Favorite television show:
How I Met Your Mother
• Last movie I loved:
• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing:
Ten by Pearl Jam
• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why:
My father because I miss seeing him and I miss his wisdom and has ability to remain level headed.
• Visiting this place makes me peaceful:
When I drove cross-country after college I stayed in Kentucky for a night. I spent three hours on a bay watching the sunset, I never forgot how the world reset at that moment and I felt so peaceful.
• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to:
Calling friends and making plans.
• Favorite animal (domestic or wild):
Duck-They bake in the sun all day, hang out with their friends and go swimming. It’s a sweet life.
• Favorite sports team:
• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip:
30 Baseball Stadiums in 28 Days
• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession:
Mr. Gray in 5th Grade. He always cared and looked for the good in everything and everyone. He taught me that positive thinking led to achievement and accomplishment.
• ANYTHING ELSE?. . . I feel like I accomplish more in a day teaching than most people do in a year. I love the everyday give and take. I really consider myself lucky to have such a fun job.
Posted by SHoffman at 10:00 AM