Friday, April 27, 2007
Spotlight on Ms. Paolillo
Special Education Teacher
Woodbury Jr.-Sr. High School
(Note: Ms. Paolillo is retiring at the end of this school year after thirty-one years as a Woodbury educator. We thank her and wish her well!)
• College(s) and degrees(s):
BA – Glassboro State College – Teacher of the Handicapped
• Work experience:
My first job ever was at Strawbridges in Echelon. I substituted for a year after college and then came to Woodbury in 1976. I have 15 years of volunteer experience in Wildlife Rehabilitation, too.
• Favorite books
o fiction: The Sphinx by Robin Cook. I love mystery/adventure stories and this one made me remember my own trip to Egypt in 1979. I have re-read it many times.
o nonfiction: The Bible,
• Favorite television show:
NCIS (Mark Harmon is so easy on the eyes!)
• Last movie I loved:
• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing:
Wow, there are just too many. That’s records, tapes, cassettes, and CDs that are worn out!
• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why:
I would love to have lunch with Jesus. All the questions I have would make it a long lunch!
• Visiting this place makes me peaceful:
The woods, anytime!
• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to:
Organize my home. It’s a never ending battle.
• Favorite animal (domestic or wild):
The always wonderful DOG!
• Favorite sports team:
The Yankees, of course!
• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip:
• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession:
My two older cousins were/are Montessori teachers in New York and I would visit their school and work with the kids. They were very encouraging and felt I was a natural teacher.