Thursday, September 06, 2007

Spotlight on Mr. Vivadelli


Jason M. Vivadelli

Assistant Principal

Junior High School






•Name:
Jason M. Vivadelli

• College(s) and degrees(s):
Wilmington College - MED Educational Leadership
The College of New Jersey - BA History

• Work experience:
For the past three years I have worked in the Mt. Laurel School District as a Social Studies Teacher at Thomas E. Harrington Middle School. Prior to that, I lived in northern New Jersey and worked as a Social Studies Teacher at Maxson Middle School in Plainfield.

• Favorite books
o fiction: Shogun - by James Clavell
o nonfiction: Free to Choose – by Milton Friedman

• Favorite television show:
This one is a tough call. I'd have to say it's a tie between Lost and 24.

• Last movie I loved:
The Bourne Ultimatum

• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing:

Creedence Clearwater Revival

• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with:
From everything I've read, Benjamin Franklin seems like someone who would spark entertaining lunch conversation. Humorous and intelligent, he was a true "renaissance man" with eclectic talents and interests.

• Visiting this place makes me peaceful:
Ocean City, NJ

• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to:
Repainting a hallway in my house

• Favorite animal (domestic or wild):
Lucy - my parent's cat

• Favorite sports team:

New York Jets…Mets…New Jersey Nets…Devils

• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip:
Australia

• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession:
The teacher that was most inspiring to me was a professor that I met in college. Passionate and innovative, his teaching style was both engaging and effective. His class was quite challenging as he held us all to extremely high standards. Yet, his interest in my academic development and individual goals was what was truly motivating. As a professional educator, I try to model myself on his differentiated approach and caring demeanor.

No comments: