Friday, March 14, 2008

Spotlight on Mrs. Scipione-Fehre



Roseanne Scipione-Fehre

Teacher of English

Woodbury Jr.-Sr. High School






•Name:
Roseanne Scipione-Fehre

• College(s) and degrees(s):
Temple University, B.S. in Education

• Work experience:
I started teaching in a Maximum Security facility for serious male juvenile offenders. I taught 120 of the most serious male offenders in the state of Pennsylvania. I enjoyed working with troubled youth very much. Unfortunately, the facility closed and I had to find another job. Thankfully, the principal of the school called me and asked me to work for him at his new school. That is how I ended up teaching for the Chester-Upland School District. I really liked working in Chester but I decided to stay home when I had my first child. I now have two children ages two and five and I am thrilled to be back in the classroom.

• Favorite books
o Fiction: I have many but I would have to say that my favorite is The Autobiography of an Ex-colored Man by James Weldon Johnson
o Nonfiction: A Narrative in the Life of Frederick Douglas (I love slave narratives)

• Favorite television show:
All time favorite: Seinfeld

Current favorites: Scrubs and The Office

• Last movie I loved:
Ratatouille

• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing:
I’m more of a radio listener.

• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why:
Jesus Christ. I’d like to ask him what he thinks of the world today and what the future holds.

• Visiting this place makes me peaceful:
The beach

• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to:
Cleaning out my basement. (Now that I got this blog assignment finished!)

• Favorite animal (domestic or wild):
Dog

Favorite sports team:
Whichever team is winning at the time.

• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip:
Italy, to my father’s birthplace.

• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession:
Mrs. Todt was my fourth grade teacher. She was kind and gentle and never raised her voice. She treated us all like we were her own children and shared stories about her life. She was always available for extra help and was happy to have us before or after school in her room. I will never forget her dedication and devotion.

No comments: