Friday, March 07, 2008

Spotlight on Ms. Capodanno





Julie Capodanno

Teacher of English as a Second Language

District




•Name:
Julie Capodanno

• College(s) and degrees(s):
Sweet Briar College – B.A. – International Affairs/B.A. Spanish
University of Delaware – M.A. – Teaching English as a Second Language

• Work experience:
Taught Spanish at Hockessin Montessori School and St. John the Beloved; English Language Tutor with Delaware Head Start; Student Teaching in Greenwood Elementary – Kennett Square, PA

• Favorite books
o Fiction: Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
o Nonfiction: The Five Points by Tyler Anbinder

• Favorite television show:
Lost

• Last movie I loved:
The Good Shepherd

• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing:
Blue - Joni Mitchell

• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why:
President Theodore Roosevelt. I’d like to talk with him about his travels throughout the world and political ideas. I bet it would definitely be an exciting talk.

• Visiting this place makes me peaceful:
The Beach

• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to:
Join a field hockey league

• Favorite animal (domestic or wild):
Dogs

Favorite sports team:
The Eagles

• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip:
Hawaii

• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession:
He was a history, political science teacher that was always fun to be around. You could tell he loved the subject he taught and cared about his students and their lives.

No comments: