Friday, February 06, 2009

Spotlight on Mr. Richardson


Mr. Robert W. Richardson


Teacher of Grade 5


Evergreen Avenue Elementary School




• Name:

Robby Richardson


• College(s) and Degrees(s):

Bachelor of Science at Salisbury University


• Work experience:

6 years teaching in Maryland (4 years in fourth grade and 2 years in third grade)

• Favorite books:
o fiction: Hatchet
o nonfiction: WANTED! The 12 Day Chase for Lincoln's Assassin (chased through my hometown)

• Favorite television show:

Sportscenter


• Last movie I loved:

Shawshank Redemption


• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing:

The 1976 Creedence Clearwater Revival (Chronicle)

• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why:

Cal Ripken Jr. -- because he was my idol growing up. I played a lot of baseball when I was a kid and always wore #8. Plus, he's the Iron Man!


• Visiting this place makes me peaceful:

One of my best friends grew up on a family farm on the Wicomico River in St. Mary's, MD. Every time I go back it reminds me of the time we spent crabbing on his tiny skiff, working at the farm, and learning how to drive. It is very relaxing.


• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to:

Clean the garage in the backyard of my new home. Lots of cob webs and junk left over from the previous owners.


• Favorite animal (domestic or wild):

Tigers


• Favorite sports team:

Hail to the Redskins…..Hail VICTORY!!!


• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip:

My new, and very beautiful, wife Laura and I would spend a few weeks in Europe touring.


• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession:

My stepmother was my principal from K-5. I didn't know she would be my stepmother until my father started dating her while I was in middle school. It was kind of weird at first, especially around my friends, but she would allow me to help out at her school during the summer. Some of my former teachers would put me to work just before the new school years would start. That's kind of where it all started for me.

• Another fact about Mr. Richardson you didn't know:

I would have never been here at Woodbury if it wasn’t for college. That’s where I became great friends with my brother-in-law, which, in the end, brought me here to New Jersey.

No comments: