Friday, September 17, 2010

Spotlight on Ms. McLeod




Samantha McLeod


Teacher of Music


Elementary Schools K-5






Name: Samantha McLeod

College(s) and degrees(s): 2010 Graduate of Rowan University with a BM in Music and a BA in Education.

Work experience: Working in the Woodbury City Public Schools is my first job as a music teacher!

Favorite books

o fiction: To Kill a Mockingbird, but there are so many more.
o nonfiction: Musicophilia by Oliver Sacks

Favorite television show: Lost and Grey’s Anatomy

Last movie I loved: The Cove

Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing: Well… since I’m a music teacher, this is a tough one, but I’ll go with Michael Buble’s self titled album.

Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why: Aaron Copland, the composer, because his music is so passionate and intricate.

Visiting this place makes me peaceful: Ucles, Spain, where I spent a summer teaching English to Spanish summer campers. I lived in a monastery surrounded by rolling hills and sunflowers.

One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to: Putting wheels on my laundry basket

Favorite animal (domestic or wild): Flamingos

Favorite sports team: Philadelphia Phillies

Destination of my fantasy vacation trip: Easter Island

Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession: My elementary band director, Mike Marano, was the most wonderful role model for teaching. I remember being so excited for my flute lessons, and I would practice every day because I wanted to learn more and more. I hope that I can inspire students to achieve great things like he did for me.

No comments: