Teacher of Music
Elementary Schools K-5
• Name: Samantha McLeod
• College(s) and degrees(s): 2010 Graduate of Rowan University with a BM in Music and a BA in Education.
• Work experience: Working in the Woodbury City Public Schools is my first job as a music teacher!
• Favorite books
o fiction: To Kill a Mockingbird, but there are so many more.
o nonfiction: Musicophilia by Oliver Sacks
• Favorite television show: Lost and Grey’s Anatomy
• Last movie I loved: The Cove
• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing: Well… since I’m a music teacher, this is a tough one, but I’ll go with Michael Buble’s self titled album.
• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why: Aaron Copland, the composer, because his music is so passionate and intricate.
• Visiting this place makes me peaceful: Ucles, Spain, where I spent a summer teaching English to Spanish summer campers. I lived in a monastery surrounded by rolling hills and sunflowers.
• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to: Putting wheels on my laundry basket
• Favorite animal (domestic or wild): Flamingos
• Favorite sports team: Philadelphia Phillies
• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip: Easter Island
• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession: My elementary band director, Mike Marano, was the most wonderful role model for teaching. I remember being so excited for my flute lessons, and I would practice every day because I wanted to learn more and more. I hope that I can inspire students to achieve great things like he did for me.