Friday, November 03, 2006

Friday Spotlight on Mr. Gallatig


Mr. Gallatig

Social Studies Teacher

Woodbury Jr.-Sr. High School







•Name:
Steven Gallatig

• College(s) and degrees(s):
University of Northern Colorado, BA

• Work experience:
I have been teaching history for ten years in Colorado -- three years at Otis High School and seven years at Fort Morgan High School

• Favorite books
• fiction: The Razor's Edge by W. Somerset Maugham
• nonfiction: From Under the Rubble by Alexander Solzhenitsyn

• Favorite television show:
VH1 Rockumentary

• Last movie I loved:
The Last Samurai

•Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing:
Hoochie Coochie Man, by Muddy Waters

•Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why:
Alexander Solzhenitsyn, Nobel Prize winner in Literature

• Visiting this place makes me peaceful:
My music room

• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to:
Clean my desk

• Favorite animal (domestic or wild):
Shark

• Favorite sports team:

Philadelphia Eagles and Denver Broncos

• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip:
Southern France

• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession:
Mr. Hess taught history with passion. He always made me feel like I belonged and that I could make an important contribution to the world.

No comments: