Monday, June 18, 2007

Spotlight on Mrs. Carey



Frances G. Carey

Principal

Evergreen Avenue School





(Note: Mrs. Carey is retiring at the end of this school year after ten years as the principal of Evergreen Avenue School. We thank her and wish her well!)


•Name:
Frances G. Carey

• Last movie I loved:
Amazing Grace

• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing:
Playlists devised by my sons for my I-pod - Music from Vivaldi to The Beatles – love it all!

• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why:
My family. We have such great conversations, and my sons have such a great sense of humor that we cry with laughter. They are great company and so positive in their outlook on life.

• Visiting this place makes me peaceful:
The Beach

• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to:
The basement

• Favorite animal (domestic or wild):
A stuffed one

• Favorite sports team:

The team my kids were on … otherwise watching others play sports is not part of my life.

• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip:
Bali

• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession:
Mrs. Goukas in 4th grade. She brought her son and husband to school for “show ‘n tell”. They were both basketball pro’s … and so tall. Even with her very full life, Mrs. Goukas made each one of us feel valued, and she truly convinced us that our education was our ticket to a better life. She held high standards but we knew she cared about us and wanted the best for us.

No comments: