Thursday, January 03, 2008

3 for 3

January 3. My fitness resolution for 2008 is a daily, morning walk – with my dog. He has been neglected a bit lately and so have my own personal needs for exercise. So, I am “killing two birds with one stone.” So far, it is working. Three days in a row.

Today was cold. And, it made me think about snow and snow closings. It seems like the thinking in the past has been that, because Woodbury is a walking district, we should be less likely to be impacted by snow.

I come at this from a bit of a different perspective. Due to the fact that we have so many students walking – and competing at intersections for safe passage with vehicles – I believe that the snow and ice actually impact us just as significantly as the bussing districts, if not even more significantly.

Those of you who are parents and blog readers likely have easy access to the school website and this blog. I intend to follow up any KYW posting of the school closing number with a message on both the school site and the blog when we have a need to alter our regular schedule due inclement weather. We also try to get the word out on the other major Philadelphia television station notices.

So --- that’s what I was thinking about on today’s walk. I hope your fitness resolutions are working during these early days of the new year. Hopefully, we will still be on course as the weeks unfold. And, hopefully, we will be able to continue without any WEEKDAY snow!

No comments: