Thursday, February 14, 2008

Spotlight on Mr. Kilpatrick




Albert Kilpatrick

Social Studies/AVID Teacher

Woodbury Jr.-Sr. High School



•Name:
Albert Kilpatrick

• College(s) and degrees(s):
University of Maryland at College Park: BA History

• Work experience:
Nearly 15 years of professional experience in healthcare communications/medical publishing and pharmaceutical consulting. Recently employed as a substitute teacher and instructional assistant at Woodbury.

• Favorite books
o fiction: The Stand by Stephen King
o nonfiction: In Harm’s Way: The Sinking of the USS Indianapolis and the Extraordinary Story of Its Survivors by Doug Stanton

• Favorite television show:
M*A*S*H

• Last movie I loved:
Saving Private Ryan

• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing:
Liquid Tension Experiment I & II

• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why:
My mother, Nancy. She passed away 14 years ago. We’d have quite a bit of catching up to do.

• Visiting this place makes me peaceful:
Trout Lake in Hermon, New York

• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to:
Clean-reorganize the garage

• Favorite animal (domestic or wild):
Giraffe

• Favorite sports team:
Maryland Terrapins Men’s Basketball

• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip:
Egypt – the pyramids

• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession:
My high school civics teacher, Mr. Robert Lindinger. He taught me to look deeper and question why.

• Other:
Married 14 years to my lovely wife Jennifer. We have two children: Sarah (12) and AJ (9). We also have a doberman pinscher named Cole.

No comments: