Friday, February 29, 2008

Spotlight on Ms. Edmond



Tara Edmond

Teacher of Grade 6

Woodbury Jr.-Sr. High School







•Name:
Tara Edmond

• College(s) and degrees(s):
Rowan University – Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education. Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts: Specialization in Math/Science. Teacher of Reading Certification.

• Work experience:
1 Year as a Preschool Head Teacher at The Goddard School

• Favorite books
o Fiction: Next by Michael Crichton and anything by John Grisham
o Nonfiction: Teacher Man by Frank McCourt

• Favorite television show:
24

• Last movie I loved:
Ocean’s Thirteen

• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing:
I don’t really listen to CD’s, but I love listening to country music radio.

• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why:
Albert Einstein -- to be in the company of someone who provided us with so much would be mind-boggling.

• Visiting this place makes me peaceful:
The beach at night

• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to:
Start house shopping

• Favorite animal (domestic or wild):
Cat

Favorite sports team:
Philadelphia Eagles

• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip:
Italy

• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession:
My first grade teacher who made me feel like a part of the class when I entered school two weeks late. She could tell that I was shy and knew the right way to handle the problem. She introduced me to friends that I still had years later. Her class was fun and I still remember many activities we did.

No comments: