Friday, October 17, 2008

Spotlght on Mr. Delaney



Mr. Steven Delaney


Teacher of English


Woodbury Jr.-Sr. High School

• Name:

Steven Edward Delaney

• College(s) and degrees(s):

Hood College (Frederick, Maryland), B.A. English

• Work experience:

First teaching position

• Favorite books:

o fiction: Of Mice and Men
o nonfiction: Running with the Buffaloes

• Favorite television show:

The Office or The West Wing

• Last movie I loved:

Tropic Thunder

• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing:

Guster's Lost and Gone Forever


• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why:

Either of my parents because we always have enjoyable conversations, and they provide great advice.

• Visiting this place makes me peaceful:

North Dakota

• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to:

Run a half- or full- marathon

• Favorite animal (domestic or wild):

Monkeys

• Favorite sports team:

New York Yankees

• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip:

Basically any place in Europe because I've never left the United States

• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession:

I always knew I wanted to be a teacher, but it was my English professor in my freshman year of college who pushed me towards English. She wrote on one of my papers: "Steve, I know you love political science (my major at the time), but you're really good at this."

No comments: