Friday, October 29, 2010

Spotlight on Mr. Datz

Steven Datz

Teacher of Mathematics

Jr.-Sr. High School



• Name: Steve Datz

• College(s) and degrees(s): 1) Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, Villanova University 2) Master of Arts, Secondary Education, Wilmington University

• Work experience: Civil engineering land development firms: 1) Taylor, Wiseman, and Taylor (Mount Laurel, NJ) 2) Stantec Consulting (Kennett Square, PA) 3) VanDemark & Lynch, Inc. (Wilmington, DE)

• Favorite books
o fiction: A Thousand Splendid Suns (Khaled Hosseini)
o nonfiction: 1776 (David McCullough)

• Favorite television show: The Office

• Last movie I loved: The Blind Side

• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing: Dave Matthews Band (Under the Table and Dreaming)

• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why: Abraham Lincoln, because he was one of the greatest presidents of all time, and I would love to hear what he had to say.

• Visiting this place makes me peaceful: North Carolina beaches

• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to: Washing/vacuuming my car

• Favorite animal (domestic or wild): Dog

• Favorite sports team: Villanova basketball

• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip: Hawaii

• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession: My mom has been an elementary school (1st/2nd grade) teacher in Pennsville for 15 years.

No comments: