• Name: John Travis
• College(s) and degrees(s): Princeton University, A.B. in Economics
• Work experience:
- Montgomery High School - Skillman, NJ
- Foundation Academy Charter School - Trenton, NJ
• Favorite books
o fiction: Lord of the Rings Series - JRR Tolkien; Harry Potter Series - JK Rowling
o nonfiction: Savage Inequalities - Jonathan Kozol; Freakonomics - Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
• Favorite television show: House
• Last movie I loved: Inception (or Toy Story III)
• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing: Songs in the Key of Life - Stevie Wonder
• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with: Jackie Robinson
• Visiting this place makes me peaceful: Top of a mountain at sunset.
• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to: Listening to/Analyzing the premier canonical works of classical music.
• Favorite animal (domestic or wild): Tiger
• Favorite sports team: Philadelphia Phillies
• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip: Mediterranean Port City Tour (ending in Greece)
• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession: My 8th grade Math teacher, Mr. Neights inspired me to consider teaching. I had a C after the 1st marking period in his class, and he met with me and convinced me one day after school that with consistent work and effort I could find success. That day changed how I looked at school and also made me realize that teachers often have their largest victories outside of their 45 minutes of instruction.