Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday Spotlight on Ms. Allen




Antoinette Allen

Math Teacher

Woodbury Jr.-Sr. High School






•Name:
Antoinette Allen

• College(s) and degrees(s):
BA – Columbia University, Economics and Political Science
MA – Columbia University, Mathematics Education

• Work experience:
The Hun School, Princeton, NJ – Math Teacher
Middle School 44, New York, NY – Math Teacher
Part-time: Princeton Review, Outward Bound, Field Hockey Coach
Association to Benefit Children, NYC –Youth and Outreach Supervisor
Peace Corps, Paraguay, South America –Volunteer
Hawaii Public Schools, Maui, Hawaii – Substitute Teacher

• Favorite books
o fiction: The First Man in Rome by Colleen McCullough
o nonfiction: Into Thin Air, by Jon Krakauer

• Favorite television show:
Seinfeld

• Last movie I loved:
Motorcycle Diaries

• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing:
Alicia Keys, Songs in A Minor

• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why:
Chris Rock – he makes me laugh!

• Visiting this place makes me peaceful:
The beach

• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to:
Learn how to play guitar

• Favorite animal (domestic or wild):
Dolphins

• Favorite sports team:

Brazilian National Futbol (Soccer) Team

• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip:
Fiji

• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession:
My fifth grade teacher’s lovely personality and genuine concern for her students. She had a wonderful heart.

No comments: