Friday, May 11, 2007

Spotlight on Mrs. Atkinson




Marjorie Atkinson

Secretary to the Assistant Principal

Woodbury Jr.-Sr. High School





(Note: Mrs. Atkinson is retiring at the end of this school year after thirty years as a secretary in the Woodbury Public Schools. We thank her and wish her well!)

•Name:
Marjorie Atkinson

• College(s) and degrees(s):
Springfield College – Spring, Massachusetts - BS

• Work experience:
Taught 3 years in the St. Petersburg, Florida school system.

• Favorite books
Enjoy reading, mostly fiction. No favorites – I like mysteries, human interest fiction.

• Favorite television show:
House, Grey’s Anatomy

• Last movie I loved:
I enjoy a variety of movies.

• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing:
John Denver, The Carpenters

• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why:
Mrs. Carr and I do a good job on lunch!!

• Visiting this place makes me peaceful:
I just like to garden.

• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to:
DEEP housecleaning!! And staining some cabinets.

• Favorite animal (domestic or wild):
Dog

• Favorite sports team:

Yankees

• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip:
I would like to go to Jackson Hole, Wyoming

• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession:
My 8th grade teacher. She was kind, fair, talented, good sense of humor, many different ways to teach a subject until all students understood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With six children who have been through the high school since 1991, it will be strange next year to not hear Mrs. Atkinson's voice on the other end of the phone. We wish her the best of luck!