Teacher of Physical Education & Health
Woodbury Jr.-Sr. High School
John A. Romano, Jr.
• College(s) and degrees(s):
Rowan University – Health and Exercise Sciences
• Work experience:
Through college I worked at the Home Depot gaining a lot of experience in the field of home repairs. As far as teaching, this is my first job and so far it has been great!
• Favorite books
o Fiction: The DaVinci Code
o Nonfiction: Anything dealing with sports
• Favorite television show:
Sports, in general, but if I had to say a regular show, it would be The Simpson’s
• Last movie I loved:
• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing:
• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why:
I would like to have lunch with my grandfather, George Washington Barber, who passed away my senior year of high school. I would just love to be able to ask him for advice and see what he thinks of me after these past few years apart. I would also like to be able to listen to all of the stories he would have after meeting people in the afterlife.
• Visiting this place makes me peaceful:
Seven Springs, Pennsylvania
• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to:
Clean the inside of my car
• Favorite animal (domestic or wild):
• Favorite sports team:
• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip:
Italy, to visit where my ancestors came from.
• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession:
Mr. Smith was a very goofy individual who made math of any kind my favorite subject of the day. Mr. Smith always helped students who needed extra support; he kept me after school for extra help, made math fun, and actually cared about his students outside of school.
• Other information:
I just got engaged to my girlfriend of five years in June, and we are getting married in June 2008. I have a Jack Russell Terrier named Toby and a cat named Harry. I bought a house in Pitman that is around 90 years old and needs a lot of work. My fiancé and I are doing just about everything ourselves.