Thursday, May 15, 2008

More Poetry

Mrs. Jess, third grade teacher at West End, wrote that she was happy to announce that twelve of her students were selected to have their poems published in A Celebration of Young Poets anthology.

This publication is run in conjunction with a national poetry contest for students up to grade 3. Mrs. Jess will receive a free copy of the anthology to keep in her classroom.

The following students were finalists in the contest:
  • Tim Brown
  • Dominiana Burnett
  • Mike Capps
  • Zackery Charsha
  • Rhianna Cliver
  • Najah Davis
  • Annie Hughes
  • Cheo King
  • Rebecca Martin
  • Michael Messado Moten
  • Maurice Royals
  • Alyssa White
Congratulations to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My old middle school in Pitman participated in this contest. It was actually the first place I ever recieved publication for my poetry. Having my poetry published in that anthology convinced me that I could write creatively and inspired me to pursue creative writing.

It is nice to see that Woodbury Public Schools are also participating in this contest. Maybe some of the students will become as inspired as I was to pursue creative writing.