Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fun Poetry


Last month was National Poetry month and in we celebrated this across the district in many ways.

Last night, my second grader was reading some Shel Silverstein prior to going to bed. He read to me the following two that made him laugh:

SCALE

If I could only see the scale,
I’m sure that it would state
That I’ve lost ounces . . . maybe pounds
Or even tons of weight.
“You’d better eat some pancakes –
You’re skinny as a rail.”
I’m sure that’s what the scale would say . . .
If I could see the scale.


STUPID PENCIL MAKER

Some dummy built this pencil wrong –
The eraser’s down here where the point belongs.
And the point’s at the top – so its no good to me.
Its amazing how stupid some people can be.


He was smiling as he read. That was a nice way to end the day.

I hope you have a great Tuesday. Enjoy.

No comments: