Friday, May 02, 2008

Spotlight on Ms. Patrizio


Natalie Patrizio

Teacher of Mathematics

Woodbury Jr.-Sr. High School




· Name:
Natalie Patrizio

· College(s) and degrees(s):
Rowan University: BA Mathematics and BA Subject Matter Teaching

· Work experience:
Substitute Teacher, Retail Sales Manager of New York and Company for 6 years

· Favorite books
o Fiction: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
o Nonfiction: I do not really have a nonfiction favorite!

· Favorite television show:
Grey's Anatomy

· Last movie I loved:
I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry

· Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing:
I have a ton of burned CD's with lots of songs on them! I continually play them over and over again :0)

· Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why:
My Uncle Joe because I miss him dearly. He was the best person in the world! He would do anything for anyone and really means the world to me.

· Visiting this place makes me peaceful:
Sitting on the beach with the ocean in front of me :)

· One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to:
Getting the addresses for my wedding guest list.

· Favorite animal (domestic or wild):
Monkey

· Favorite sports team:
E-A-G-L-E-S

· Destination of my fantasy vacation trip:
Hawaii, but I am very scared of the flight!

· Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession:
This was my high school Calculus teacher.  She was absolutely amazing in everyway possible.  She was always there for her students whether it was before or after school and she always made time to really show she cared about us.  This teacher always was interested in our lives outside of school and she would tell us some funny stories about her life.  She always challenged us more than what we thought we could handle, but it really paid off in the long run.  I still talk to this teacher today and have told her over and over again she is the reason I went into the education profession.

No comments: