Friday, March 13, 2009

Spotlight on Mrs. Downham



Mrs. Downham


Teacher of Business


Woodbury Jr.-Sr. High School






• Name: Marguerite Downham

• College(s) and degrees(s):
Rutgers University: B.A., Business Administration
Rowan University: M.A. Student Personnel Services

• Work experience:

Taught Business Education, Typing, Medical Office Procedures, Legal and Medical Office Admin., Marketing, Accounting. Also taught English Basic Skills at Camden County College for 3 years.

• Favorite books:
o fiction: Pilgrim at Tinker's Creek
o nonfiction: A Short History of Nearly Everything

• Favorite television show:

The Colbert Report

• Last movie I loved:

Everything is Illuminated

• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing:

Joni Mitchell's Hits

• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why:

Charles Darwin -- he made me love science

• Visiting this place makes me peaceful:

The Breakwater at Rockland Maine

• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to:

finish writing my book on Saving Saddler's Woods

• Favorite animal (domestic or wild):

raccoon

• Favorite sports team:

Philadelphia Flyers

• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip:

Florence, Italy

• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession:

Dr. Charles Coleman who taught Personnel Management at Rutgers University and was a Musical Theater actor and mimic.

No comments: