Friday, January 09, 2009

Spotlight of Mrs. Luthke

Mrs. Elizabeth Luthke

Teacher of English

Woodbury Jr.-Sr. High School





• Name:

Elizabeth (Beth) Luthke

• College(s) and degrees(s):

B.A. University of Delaware, English Education,

M.A. English (American Literature) and M.A Educational Leadership The College of New Jersey

• Work experience:

Spotswood High School--just over 4 years

Bernards High School--just under 6 years

Northern Burlington Regional Middle School, Asst. Principal--just under 2 years

Part time: Burlington County College and The College of New Jersey 2 years

Bruriah High School for Girls--1 year

• Favorite books

fiction:

Classic - The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison;

New - Ella Minnow Pea by Stephen Dunn

nonfiction:

Old - Savage Inequalities by Jonathan Kozol;

New - The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch--a good one for a whole high school to read

• Favorite television show:

I love Grey's Anatomy and Hopkins

• Last movie I loved:

Can't remember the last one in the theater, on DVD Ahkeela and the Bee

• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing:

Mark Harris - The Writing on the Wall

• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why:

My maternal grandmother because I wish she could meet my kids

• Visiting this place makes me peaceful:

any not-too-crowded beach

• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to:

too many---see my college friends

• Favorite animal (domestic or wild):

monkey

• Favorite sports team:

Philadelphia Phillies---and not just because they were good this year!

• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip:

a literary trip through Europe

• Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession:

There isn't a specific one, except my mom who taught elementary school in Trenton, and more importantly, she taught me what matters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are the same beth that went to Zion luthern in fort Wayne Indiana??