Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy New Year, Winter -- and Welcome Back!

Well – this was a long break this year. I know how hard it can be getting everyone back into the school routine. I hope that all went well this morning.

As a school superintendent, I look with a wary eye at these next couple of months due to the weather concerns that winter brings. I keep telling my kids that I am hoping for no snow – or, at least, snow on weekend days only! Time will tell how this winter unfolds.

We do have a decision to make with regard to the Jr.-Sr. High School make-up of the December 23rd closing due to the heat situation. I will have a recommendation ready for the January Board of Education meeting and that will be communicated once the calendar change is formalized. There are a couple options to consider – an added day to the end of the school year or utilizing the last day of the Spring break.

I hope that you had a nice holiday season, and I welcome everyone back. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It has stated on the calendar from the beginning of the year "Any make-up days for emergency school closing will be added to the end of the school year." You should probably stick with that so those that may already have made plans do not get messed up.