Friday, January 23, 2009

Spotlight on Mrs. Bent


Mrs. Jennifer Bent

Teacher of Special Education

Woodbury Jr.-Sr. High School




• Name:

Jennifer Bent

• College(s) and degrees(s):

Rider University - BA in Communications, concentrations in Public Relations and Journalism.

Georgian Court University - Certification in Teacher of the Handicapped.

Capella University - completing a Masters degree in Administration to be finished June 2009.

• Work experience:

Southern Regional School District10th and 11th grade English.

Voorhees High School, North Hunterdon -Voorhees School District - 11th grade English

• Favorite books:

ANYTHING by Jodi Picoult

• Favorite television show:

Beverly Hills 90210 - the original series. What can I say; I am a child of the 80's and 90's. I grew up with them on TV, even though in reality they were already in their late 20's playing teenagers.

• Last movie I loved:

nothing really - I am very anxious for The Secret Life of Bees in October and My Sisters Keeper, no release date just yet.

• Music CD that I have almost worn out from repeated playing:

Any Rascal Flatt's CD - I have them all.

• Person (living or not) that I’d like to have lunch with and why:

My mom's father. I never had the chance the meet him and there is so much I want to ask him about himself and my family. He was so influential in my mom's life; I would love to experience that myself.

• Visiting this place makes me peaceful:

Hawaii; I get there as much as possible

• One item on my “to do” list that I can’t seem to get to:

Spend one full day at the beach with nothing else to do.

• Favorite animal (domestic or wild):

My puggle - Ginger

• Favorite sports team:

NY Giants

• Destination of my fantasy vacation trip:

Maui - I have been there before but each time back it just keeps getting better and better.

Details about the teacher I will never forget who inspired me to enter the profession:

Someone once told me that to teach is the most rewarding experience one can have. I didn't believe it, so I chose another path. But then my path lead me back to school as a substitute and there was a moment in class where the invisible hand hit me in the back of the head and I thought -- here is what I should be doing, here is where I should be. That person never said "I told you so" or shook her head at me; she supported me and gave me the skills that make me the teacher I am today. That person is my mom.

No comments: